NIMRA Run for Rescue Trail Race/Championship Prize Giving 2022
The NIMRA Run for Rescue Trail Race is a hilly trail race and a great opportunity to test the legs before the winter training kicks off. This race is being organised by NIMRA and the cost of entry is a donation to our favourite Mourne Mountain Rescue Team who provide an awesome service for everyone venturing into the hills from the inexperienced to the very experienced.
The Mourne Mountain Rescue is a voluntary organisation who are there for all of us. Their mission is to:
Relieve the suffering and distress of persons injured or in danger of injury through accident or natural hazard particularly in the area of the Mourne Mountains but elsewhere if necessary
To educate and inform the public concerning safety and rescue in mountainous and other outdoor environments
After the race has finished the expectation is for the NIMRA Championship Prize giving to take place (eta 12:30) followed by the odd spot prize or two.
NIMRA Run For Rescue Trail Race
Distance: 5 miles
Ascent: 300 metres
The race takes place on Saturday November 5th 2022 at 11 am. All proceeds will go the Mourne Mountain Rescue.
There will be no Registration on is on the day!!
Route details can be found here – Trail Race – Northern Ireland Mountain Running Association (nimra.org.uk)
- Online Entries close on Thursday November 3rd @ 6pm.
- Race Start and Registration will be at the upper end of the Donard Park – same location as the Slieve Donard race
- Please park in the main Donard Car Park
- Entry Fees will be voluntary donation to Mourne Mountain Rescue – non runners can donate too!!
- Timing will be by dibber system – no race numbers required
- No prizes for the race but there will be spot prizes handed out
- Light refreshments will be available afterwards, please bring your own mug
- T-shirts, hoodies and books will be for sale too!
- 2022 NIMRA Championship Prize Giving planned for 12:30