Mourne Seven Sevens and Mourne Mountain Marathon Update

We have had to cancel this year’s Seven Sevens due to the ongoing Covid 19 emergency. It was hoped that restrictions would lift sufficiently to allow the event to take place, and indeed some relaxation has taken place in recent weeks, but not enough to allow us to get the necessary permissions to run the event. We are sorry that loyal supporters of the event will not get their Seven Sevens fix this year but hopefully life will have normalised sufficiently for next year’s race.

The Mourne Mountain Marathon team continue to plan for September’s event and we are hopeful that we can pull it off, but time is running out and the same problems with permissions are proving to be our biggest hurdles. We have decided to put of entries until August which gives us another month’s breathing space.

We have worked out the logistics of running the event with social distancing rules applying and are fairly confident that we can provide a safe event. There would be some changes to how things are done and we will outline them in August if we can get past the other problems.

If we decide that it is feasible to run the event, we will need many more marshals than usual. It would be useful to have a list of people who would be willing to help out so if you feel that you can help please get in touch (feel free to use the web contact form on the site).

Jim Brown.

You may also like...