NIMRA Off Road Ultra Series
by Anne Sandford
NIMRA are proposing to trial an Ultra Running Series for 2019-the end result being an outright winner for the Ultra Runner Trophy which previously was selected by the NIMRA committee.
The committee feel that a new method to determine the Ultra Runner of the Year since more and more NIMRA members are partaking in long distance events.
The following guidelines have been drawn up up:
- Must be a NIMRA member
- Three Off Road Ultra Races completed in 2019 – two must be chosen from the list of 4 below one of which must be in Northern Ireland –
- Mourne Way Ultra 8th June
- Causeway Ultra 28th September
- Maurice Mullins 50K 23rd March
- Glendalough Tucker 50 miles 6th July
- Plus one other Ultra or long distance event such as Multi day events/Mountain
- Marathons/FKT (fastest known time)/Rounds of choice anywhere in the world.
- Scoring calculated for men on the men’s winning time * 1000/ runners time . Scoring calculated for women on the women’s winning time * 1000/ runners time
- Age categories not relevant
- Member must inform the NIMRA committee of the wild card Ultra which they have completed in and wish to be considered in results table
- All qualifying races must be completed by 31st October 2019
- Submission of challenge type ultra events must be evidenced suitably eg by a GPS track,
- witnesses and/or photographs.